(1) If a licensed pet business applies to renew a licence, the authority must, within 30 days—
(a) renew the licence; or
(b) refuse to renew the licence.
(2) However, if the authority has asked the licensed pet business to do a thing in relation to being a licensed pet business, and the licensed pet business has not yet done the thing, the authority must not renew the licence until the thing is done.
Examples—thing to be done
1 meet condition of licence
2 pay a fee
3 provide information
(3) A licence may be renewed for up to 5 years.
(4) The renewal of a licence—
(a) starts immediately after the licence would have expired if it had not been renewed; and
(b) if there is a condition imposed on the licence—does not affect the condition.
(5) A renewal is subject to any condition imposed by the authority when approving the renewal.
(6) The authority may only impose a condition on a licence if satisfied on reasonable grounds the condition is in the interest of animal welfare.