(1) A person who sells knives by retail must ensure that a sign complying with subsections (2), (3) and (4) is clearly visible to a person at the place, or each place, where such a sale is made.
Maximum penalty: 5 penalty units.
(2) The sign must display at least the following words in the following sequence:
‘It is an offence to sell a knife to a person under the age of 16.
Proof of age may be required.'.
(3) The lettering of the words stated in subsection (2) must be at least 8mm in height.
(4) The dimensions of the sign must not be less than 210mm x 145mm.
(5) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person, or a knife, of a kind specified in, or ascertained in accordance with, the regulations.