(1) The penalty a court may impose for an offence is the penalty provided under this Act or any other territory law.
(2) Chapter 4 (Sentencing procedures generally) applies to the imposition of all penalties imposed by a court, whether under this Act or otherwise.
Note 1 Under this Act, a court has the following sentencing and non-conviction options:
• imprisonment served by full-time detention at a correctional centre or detention place (see s 10, ch 5 and s 133H)
• imprisonment served by intensive correction (see s 11)
• suspension of a sentence of imprisonment (see s 12)
• good behaviour order (see s 13 and ch 6)
• fine order (see s 14 and s 15)
• driver licence disqualification order (see s 16)
• non-conviction order (see s 17 and s 18)
• reparation order (see s 19, s 20 and ch 7)
• non-association order (see pt 3.4)
• place restriction order (see pt 3.4)
• deferred sentence order (see s 27 and ch 8)
• accommodation order (young offenders only) (see pt 8A.3).
A court may also impose a combination sentence combining 2 or
more of the options listed in note 1 (other than imprisonment served by
intensive correction) or otherwise available under a territory law (see