(1) If the allocation is a * provisional allocation, the person may apply to the Secretary for a variation of the provisional allocation.
(2) A variation of the * provisional allocation may be:
(a) a reduction in the number of * places to which the provisional allocation relates; or
(b) a variation of any of the conditions to which the provisional allocation is subject under section 14-5.
(3) The application must:
(a) be in the form approved by the Secretary; and
(b) be made before the end of the * provisional allocation period.
(4) The Secretary must, within 28 days after receiving the application:
(a) make the variation; or
(b) reject the application;
and, within that period, notify the person accordingly.
Note: Rejections of applications are reviewable under Part 6.1.
(5) If the Secretary has decided to vary the * provisional allocation, the notice must include details of the variation.
(6) Rejection of the application does not prevent the person making a fresh application at a later time during the * provisional allocation period.
(7) In deciding whether to vary the * provisional allocation, the Secretary must have regard to any matters specified in the Allocation Principles.