(1) The Secretary may limit an approval to one or more of the following:
(a) care provided by an * aged care service of a particular kind;
(b) care provided during a specified period starting on the day after the approval was given;
(c) the provision of * respite care for the period specified in the limitation;
(d) any other matter or circumstance specified in the Approval of Care Recipients Principles.
The Secretary is taken to have limited an approval to the provision of care other than * respite care, unless the approval expressly covers the provision of respite care.
Note: Limitations of approvals are reviewable under Part 6.1.
(2) A period specified under paragraph (1)(b) must not exceed the period (if any) specified in the Approval of Care Recipients Principles.
(3) The Secretary may limit the approval to one or more levels of care.
Note: Limitations of approvals to one or more levels of care are reviewable under Part 6.1.
(4) The Secretary may, at any time, vary any limitation under this section of an approval, including any limitation varied under this subsection.
Note: Variations of limitations are reviewable under Part 6.1.
(5) Any limitation of an approval under this section, including any limitation as varied under subsection (4), must be consistent with the care needs of the person to whom the approval relates.