(1) A person may make an application for * extra service status in respect of a residential care service, or a * distinct part of a residential care service, if the person:
(a) has the allocation under Part 2.2 for the * places included in the residential care service; or
(b) has applied under Part 2.2 for such an allocation.
(2) The application must:
(a) be in response to an invitation to apply for * extra service status published by the Secretary under section 32-2; and
(b) be made on or before the closing date specified in the invitation; and
(c) be in a form approved by the Secretary; and
(d) state the number of * places to be included in the residential care service, or the * distinct part, for which extra service status is sought; and
(e) specify the standard of accommodation, services and food in relation to each such place; and
(f) include an application for approval under Division 35 of the extra service fee in respect of each place; and
(g) meet any requirements specified in the Extra Service Principles.
(3) If the Secretary needs further information to determine the application, the Secretary may give to the applicant a notice requesting the applicant to give the further information within 28 days after receiving the notice.
(4) The application is taken to be withdrawn if the applicant does not give the further information within 28 days.
Note: The period for giving the further information can be extended--see section 96-7.
(5) The Secretary may, for a purpose connected with considering an application under this section, request the applicant to agree to an assessment of the residential care service concerned, conducted by a person authorised by the Secretary to conduct the assessment.
(6) If the applicant does not agree to the assessment within 28 days of the request, the application is taken to be withdrawn.
(7) A request under subsection (3) or (5) must contain a statement setting out the effect of subsection (4) or (6), as the case requires.