Commonwealth Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
AGED CARE ACT 1997 - SECT 52C.3
Maximum daily amount of resident fees
(1) The maximum daily amount of resident fees payable by the care
recipient is the amount worked out as follows:
Resident fee calculator
Step 1. Work out the
* standard resident contribution for the care recipient using
Step 2. Add the compensation payment fee (if any) for the care
recipient for the day in question (see subsection (2)).
Step 3. Add the means tested care fee (if any) for the care
recipient for that day (see subsection (3)).
Step 4. Subtract the amount of any hardship supplement applicable
to the care recipient for the day in question under section 44-30.
Step 5. Add any other amounts agreed between the care recipient
and the approved provider in accordance with the Fees and Payments Principles.
Step 6. If, on the day in question, the
* place in respect of which residential care is provided to the care recipient
* extra service status, add the extra service fee in respect of the place.
The result is the maximum daily amount of resident fees for the care
(2) The compensation payment fee for a care recipient for a particular
day is the amount equal to the compensation payment reduction applicable to
the care recipient on that day (see sections 44-20 and 44-20A).
(3) The means tested care fee for a care recipient for a particular day
(a) the amount equal to the care subsidy reduction applicable to the
care recipient on that day (see sections 44-21 and 44-23); or
(b) if the care recipient is receiving respite care--zero.
(4) Steps 2 to 6 of the resident fee calculator in subsection (1)
do not apply in relation to a day on which the care recipient is, because of
subsection 42-3(3), taken to be on
* leave under section 42-2.
AustLII: Copyright Policy