Commonwealth Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
AGED CARE ACT 1997 - SECT 53.1
What this Chapter is about
Approved providers have responsibilities in relation to
* aged care they provide through their
* aged care services. These responsibilities relate to:
• the quality of care they provide (see
• user rights for the people to whom the care
is provided (see Part 4.2);
• accountability for the care that is provided,
and the basic suitability of their * key personnel (see Part 4.3).
Sanctions may be imposed under Part 4.4 on approved providers who do not
meet their responsibilities.
responsibilities of an approved provider in respect of an
* aged care service cover all the care recipients in the service who are
approved under Part 2.3 as recipients of the type of * aged care provided
through the service, as well as those in respect of whom a subsidy is payable.
AustLII: Copyright Policy