(1) An approved provider may at any time apply to the Secretary for a variation of an allocation of a * residential care grant to the approved provider.
(2) A variation of the allocation may be either or both of the following:
(a) a reduction of the amount of the grant;
(b) a variation of any of the conditions to which the allocation is subject.
(3) The application must be in the form approved by the Secretary.
(4) If the Secretary needs further information to determine the application, the Secretary may give to the approved provider a notice requesting the approved provider to give the further information within 28 days after receiving the notice, or within such shorter period as is specified in the notice.
(5) The Secretary must make a variation or reject the application:
(a) within 28 days after receiving the application; or
(b) if the Secretary has requested further information under subsection (4)--within 28 days after receiving the information.
Note: Variations of allocations and rejections of applications are reviewable under Part 6.1.
(6) The Secretary must notify the approved provider in writing of the Secretary's decision.