(1) A person may make an application to the Minister for evidence of the person's Australian citizenship.
Note: Section 46 sets out application requirements (which may include the payment of a fee).
(2) The Minister may give the person a notice stating that the person is an Australian citizen at a particular time.
(3) The notice must:
(a) be in a form prescribed by the regulations; and
(b) contain any other matter prescribed by the regulations.
(4) The Minister must not give the person such a notice unless the Minister is satisfied of the identity of the person.
Note: Division 5 contains the identity provisions.
(5) A notice is prima facie evidence of the matters in the notice.
(6) The Minister may, by writing, cancel a notice given to a person under this section.