(1) The Governor-General may execute a deed of grant to the Tiwi Land Trust of an estate in fee simple in so much of the land as was included in the description of Bathurst Island appearing in Schedule 1 as was not included in the description of Bathurst Island that appeared in Schedule 1 as in force immediately before the commencement of this section and may deliver that deed of grant to the Tiwi Land Trust.
(2) The provisions of this Act apply to a grant made in pursuance of subsection (1) as if it were a grant made under subsection 12(1).
(3) The Tiwi Land Trust shall be taken for all purposes of this Act or of any other law of the Commonwealth, of a State or of a Territory to hold title both to land granted to it under subsection (1) and to land previously granted to it under this Act, for the benefit of Aboriginals entitled by Aboriginal tradition to the use or occupation of the area of land comprising all the lands so granted whether or not the traditional entitlement is qualified as to place, time, circumstance, purpose or permission.
(4) On the application of the Tiwi Land Trust, the Registrar-General of the Northern Territory shall take such measures as are necessary under the law of the Northern Territory relating to the transfer of land to issue to the Tiwi Land Trust one certificate for the whole of the land granted under this Act to the Tiwi Land Trust and held under separate certificates and, upon the issue of the certificate, to cancel those separate certificates.
(5) Except to the extent that subsection (4) expressly provides, nothing in that subsection shall be taken to affect the application to land granted under this Act to a Land Trust of any provision of the law of the Northern Territory relating to the transfer of land.
(6) In this section, a reference to the Tiwi Land Trust is a reference to the Land Trust of that name established by the Minister by notice published in the Gazette in pursuance of subsection 4(1).
(7) In this section, a reference to the law of the Northern Territory relating to the transfer of land shall read as a reference to that law as applied in accordance with the requirements of this Act.