(1) There shall be an Account Advisory Committee to advise the Minister in connexion with debiting the Account for the purposes of making payments under subsection 64(4).
(2) The Account Advisory Committee shall consist of:
(a) a Chair appointed by the Minister; and
(b) members elected by each Land Council; and
(c) any member appointed by the Minister under subsection (4).
(2A) For the purposes of paragraph 2(b), the Minister may, from time to time, fix the number of members to be elected by a Land Council having regard to the number of Aboriginals living in the area of that Land Council.
(3) The Chair and the members of the Committee elected by each Land Council shall be Aboriginals living in the Northern Territory or whose names are set out in a register maintained in accordance with section 24.
(4) The Minister may, by writing, appoint 1 or 2 persons to be members of the Committee.
(5) The Minister must not appoint a person as a member under subsection (4) unless the Minister is satisfied that the person has professional expertise in:
(a) land management; or
(b) business or financial management.
(6) A member of the Committee may be re-appointed or re-elected.
(7) The period of any appointment or election (or any re-appointment or re-election) must not exceed 3 years.