One taxable supply recorded on an invoice
(1) If the amount of GST on a * taxable supply that is the only taxable supply recorded on a particular * invoice would, apart from this section, be an amount that includes a fraction of a cent, the amount of GST is rounded to the nearest cent (rounding 0.5 cents upwards).
Several taxable supplies recorded on an invoice
(2) If 2 or more * taxable supplies are recorded on the same * invoice, the total amount of GST on the supplies is:
(a) what would be the amount of GST if it were worked out by:
(i) working out the GST on each of the supplies (without rounding the amounts to the nearest cent); and
(ii) adding the amounts together and, if the total is an amount that includes a fraction of a cent, rounding it to the nearest cent (rounding 0.5 cents upwards); or
(b) the amount worked out using the following method statement:
(3) Whether to use paragraph (2)(a) or paragraph (2)(b) to work out the total amount of GST on the supplies is a matter of choice for:
(a) the supplier if the amount is being worked out to ascertain the supplier's liability for GST; or
(b) the * recipient of the supplies if the amount is being worked out to ascertain the recipient's entitlement to input tax credits.
(4) In applying step 2 of the method statement in subsection (2), if:
(a) the number of decimal places in the amount for the supply exceeds by one decimal place the number of decimal places allowed by the accounting system used to work out the amount; and
(b) the last digit of the amount (before rounding) is 5;
the amount is rounded upwards to that number of decimal places.
Taxable supplies divided into items
(5) If one or more * taxable supplies recorded on the same * invoice are divided into 2 or more items:
(a) subsection (1) does not apply; and
(b) subsection (2) applies as if each such item represented a separate taxable supply.
Taxable supplies recorded on documents other than invoices
(6) If one or more * taxable supplies, none of which are recorded on an * invoice, are recorded on a document that is not an invoice, this section applies as if the document were an invoice.