Commonwealth Consolidated Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [Help]


Minister may issue travel - related documents

  (1)   The Minister may issue a person with a document of a kind specified in a Minister's determination, being a document issued for the purposes of travel.

  (1A)   A travel - related document may be issued to a person:

  (a)   on application by, or on behalf of, a person and in the circumstances specified in a Minister's determination; or

  (b)   on the Minister's own initiative, if the Minister is satisfied that such a document is required:

  (i)   to remove, deport or extradite the person from Australia; or

  (ii)   to facilitate the deportation of the person to Australia; or

  (iii)   to extradite the person to Australia; or

  (iv)   if the person is a prisoner--to effect the transfer of the person.

  (2)   Subsections   (1) and (1A) are subject to section   10 and are affected by Division   2.

  (3)   An application for a travel - related document must be:

  (a)   made in the form approved by the Minister; and

  (b)   accompanied by the applicable fee (if any).

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback