Commonwealth liability for reasonable expenses
(1) The Commonwealth is liable to pay for reasonable expenses incurred in relation to the decontamination of an individual or an individual's clothing or personal effects in accordance with this Subdivision.
Use of force
(2) Force must not be used against an individual to require the individual to comply with:
(a) a direction given in accordance with paragraph 559(4)(a); or
(b) section 560.
(3) However, in decontaminating an individual's clothing or personal effects, a biosecurity officer may use such force against things as is necessary and reasonable in the circumstances.
Decontamination and human health risks
(4) An individual, or an individual's clothing or personal effects, must not be required to be decontaminated in accordance with this Subdivision for the purpose of managing a human health risk.
Note: If the human health risk relates to a listed human disease, the individual, or the individual's clothing or effects, may be required by a human biosecurity control order to be decontaminated under section 89.
(5) A biosecurity officer must not request an individual to be decontaminated in accordance with this Subdivision for the purpose of managing a human health risk.