Application as if Australian territory were limited to destination part
(1) The affected provisions, except the exit provisions, apply in relation to the actual or intended movement (however described) of persons, goods and conveyances from the origin part to the destination part as if:
(a) only the destination part were Australian territory; and
(b) the origin part, and any other part of Australian territory outside the destination part, were not Australian territory.
Note: Section 623 sets out how the exit provisions apply in relation to the movement.
Powers to request or require export of goods
(2) If goods become subject to biosecurity control because of this Subdivision and their movement from the origin part to the destination part, a reference in section 134 or 135 to export of the goods from Australian territory includes a reference to return of the goods to the origin part.
Removal of conveyance or goods from Australian territory
(3) If a conveyance or goods become subject to biosecurity control because of this Subdivision and the movement of the conveyance or goods from the origin part to the destination part, a reference in the following provisions to removal of the conveyance or goods from Australian territory includes a reference to return of the conveyance or goods to the origin part:
(a) section 209;
(b) section 210;
(c) item 6 of the table in section 489;
(d) item 12 of the table in subsection 542(3);
(e) section 628.
Certain references to Australian territory not affected
(4) Subsection (1) does not affect the scope of references in the following provisions to Australian territory:
(a) subsection 119(4);
(b) subsection 161(3);
(c) paragraph 162(1)(e);
(d) subsection 191(4);
(e) paragraph 192(1)(b) and subsections 192(3) and (5);
(f) paragraphs 202(1)(a) and (b);
(g) paragraphs 207(2)(a) and (b);
(h) paragraph 218(1)(d);
(i) paragraph 254(b).
Relationship between subsection (1) and other subsections
(5) Subsections (2), (3) and (4) have effect despite subsection (1).