Commonwealth Consolidated Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [Help]


Arrangements with States and Territories to assist in carrying out this Act

                   The Agriculture Minister or the Health Minister may enter into an arrangement with a relevant Minister of a State or Territory in relation to all or any of the following:

                     (a)  the use of any place in the State or Territory for the purposes of this Act, and the control and management of the place;

                     (b)  any matters necessary or convenient to be arranged in order to enable the Commonwealth, the State or the Territory to assist each other for the purposes of the objects of this Act;

                     (c)  if the Commonwealth is a party to any international agreement requiring products for export to be certified--any matters necessary or convenient to be arranged to assist authorities of that State or Territory:

                              (i)  to implement and monitor, in that State or Territory, arrangements to enable that certification; and

                             (ii)  to provide reports to the Commonwealth concerning those arrangements.

Note:          The Director of Biosecurity and the Director of Human Biosecurity can also enter arrangements with State or Territory bodies for officers or employees of those bodies to be officers under this Act (see sections 547, 549 and 564).

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback