(1) Subject to this section, a Product Disclosure Statement may be made up of 2 or more separate documents that are given at the same time.
(2) Each of the documents must have on the cover of the document, or at or near the front of the document, a statement:
(a) to the effect that the document is part of a Product Disclosure Statement; and
(b) that (subject to subsection (3)) identifies the other documents that make up the Product Disclosure Statement.
(3) If there are or may be different versions of a document referred to in paragraph (2)(b), the statement required by subsection (2) does not have to identify any particular one of those versions and may instead identify the document generically.
Note: For example, if a Product Disclosure Statement is made up of a core document that is not updated very frequently, and a separate document providing information about remuneration that is updated more frequently:
(a) the statement in the core document need only refer to the fact that it, and a separate document about remuneration, make up the Product Disclosure Statement; and
(b) the statement in the document about remuneration need only refer to the fact that it, and a separate document about all other required matters, make up the Product Disclosure Statement.
(4) The requirement of section 1013B (title of Product Disclosure Statement) is taken to be satisfied if the title "Product Disclosure Statement" is used on the cover of, or at or near the front of, at least one of the documents that make up the Product Disclosure Statement.
(5) The requirement of section 1013G (dating of Product Disclosure Statement) must be separately complied with in relation to each of the documents. If, for any purpose, a single date needs to be determined as the date of the Product Disclosure Statement as a whole, that date is the most recent of the dates of those documents.
(6) Section 1015E applies to an alteration to one of the documents as though the reference in that section to the date specified in the Product Disclosure Statement were a reference to the date specified in the document.
(7) The regulations may impose additional requirements to be complied with if a Product Disclosure Statement is made up of 2 or more documents.