(1) The Minister may, by legislative instrument, give written directions to the Registrar about the performance of its functions and the exercise of its powers.
Note: Section 42 (disallowance) and Part 4 of Chapter 3 (sunsetting) of the Legislation Act 2003 do not apply to the directions (see regulations made for the purposes of paragraphs 44(2)(b) and 54(2)(b) of that Act).
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), a direction under that subsection may relate to any of the following:
(a) matters to be dealt with in the data standards or disclosure framework;
(b) consultation processes to be followed prior to making data standards or the disclosure framework.
(3) A direction under subsection (1) must be of a general nature only.
(4) Subsection (3) does not prevent a direction under subsection (1) from relating to a particular matter to be dealt with in the data standards or disclosure framework. However, the direction must not direct the Registrar how to apply the data standards or disclosure framework in a particular case.
(5) The Registrar must comply with a direction under subsection (1).