(1) The regulations may provide that a standard specified in the regulations (as in force from time to time) is to have effect, for the purposes of this Act, as if it had been made by the AUASB under section 336 on the day specified in the regulations.
(2) The standard must be one made or issued by the Australian Accounting Research Foundation before the Schedule 1 commencement on behalf of CPA Australia and The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
(3) The regulations may provide that the standard is to have effect as if it specified that it applies to periods ending, or starting, on or after a date specified in the standard.
(4) Standards prescribed under subsection (1) do not have effect as auditing standards:
(a) in relation to financial reports for periods ending after 30 June 2006; or
(b) in relation to financial reports for periods ending after a later date specified by regulations made for the purposes of subsection (1) before 30 June 2006.
(5) A person does not commit an offence based on a contravention of section 307A, subsection 308(3A) or 309(5A) or section 989CA because an audit or review is not conducted in accordance with, or does not include a statement or disclosure required by, an auditing standard prescribed under subsection (1) if the audit or review is conducted in relation to a financial report for a period ending before that standard ceases to have effect as an auditing standard.
Note: This subsection does not prevent, however, other action being taken on the basis of the failure to comply with the auditing standard (for example, the person's failure to comply with the standard being referred to the Companies Auditors and Liquidators Disciplinary Board).