(1) The Minister must cause a review of the operation of the amendments made by Parts 1 and 2 of Schedule 2 to the amending Act to be conducted by an independent expert within 6 months after the second anniversary of the commencement of this section.
(2) The person who conducts the review must give the Minister a written report of the review.
(3) The Minister must cause a copy of the report to be tabled in each House of the Parliament within 15 sitting days of that House after the report is given to the Minister.
(4) The report may set out recommendations to the Commonwealth Government.
(5) If the report sets out one or more recommendations to the Commonwealth Government, the report must set out the reasons for those recommendations.
Government response to recommendations
(6) If the report sets out one or more recommendations to the Commonwealth Government, as soon as practicable, and in any event within 3 months, after the report is first tabled in a House of the Parliament, the Minister must cause:
(a) a statement setting out the Commonwealth Government's response to each of the recommendations to be prepared; and
(b) the statement to be published on the Department's website.