(1) If a company has been given notice of a resolution under section 249N, the resolution is to be considered at the next general meeting that occurs more than 2 months after the notice is given.
(2) The company must give all its members notice of the resolution at the same time, or as soon as practicable afterwards, and in the same way, as it gives notice of a meeting.
(3) The company is responsible for the cost of giving members notice of the resolution if the company receives the notice in time to send it out to members with the notice of meeting.
(4) The members requesting the meeting are jointly and individually liable for the expenses reasonably incurred by the company in giving members notice of the resolution if the company does not receive the members' notice in time to send it out with the notice of meeting. At a general meeting, the company may resolve to meet the expenses itself.
(5) The company need not give notice of the resolution:
(a) if it is more than 1,000 words long or defamatory; or
(b) if the members making the request are to bear the expenses of sending the notice out--unless the members give the company a sum reasonably sufficient to meet the expenses that it will reasonably incur in giving the notice.