(1) A public company must hold an annual general meeting ( AGM ) within 18 months after its registration.
(2) A public company must hold an AGM at least once in each calendar year and within 5 months after the end of its financial year.
Note: An AGM held to satisfy this subsection may also satisfy subsection (1).
(2A) An offence based on subsection (1) or (2) is an offence of strict liability.
Note: For strict liability , see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code .
(3) An AGM is to be held in addition to any other meetings held by a public company in the year.
Note 1: The company's annual financial report, directors' report and auditor's report must be laid before the AGM (see section 317).
Note 2: The rules in sections 249C- 250M apply to an AGM.
(4) A public company that has only 1 member is not required to hold an AGM under this section.
(5) A company need not comply with subsection (1) if it is covered under section 738ZI at the end of the most recent financial year ending earlier than 18 months after its registration.
(6) A company need not comply with subsection (2) if it is covered under section 738ZI at the end of the financial year mentioned in subsection (2).