(1) This section applies to a registered scheme subject to the provisions of the scheme's constitution.
(2) The quorum for a meeting of a registered scheme's members is 2 members and the quorum must be present at all times during the meeting.
(3) In determining whether a quorum is present, count individuals attending as proxies or body corporate representatives. However, if a member has appointed more than 1 proxy or representative, count only 1 of them. If an individual is attending both as a member and as a proxy or body corporate representative, count them only once.
Note 1: For rights to appoint proxies, see section 252V.
Note 2: For body corporate representatives, see section 253B.
(4) A meeting of the scheme's members that does not have a quorum present within 30 minutes after the time for the meeting set out in the notice of meeting is adjourned to a meeting (the resumed meeting ) at a later time.
(4A) The responsible entity may specify:
(a) the date and time of the resumed meeting; and
(b) if any of the scheme's members is entitled to physically attend the resumed meeting--the location or locations at which the members may do so; and
(c) if virtual meeting technology is to be used in holding the meeting--sufficient information to allow members to participate in the resumed meeting by means of the technology.
(4B) If the responsible entity does not specify one or more of the things mentioned in subsection (4A):
(a) if the date is not specified--the meeting is adjourned to the same day in the next week; and
(b) if the time is not specified--the meeting is adjourned to the same time; and
(c) if any of the scheme's members was entitled to physically attend the meeting and the location is not specified--the meeting is adjourned to the same location or locations as were specified for the original meeting; and
(d) if virtual meeting technology was used in holding the meeting and sufficient information to allow the scheme's members to participate in the meeting by means of the technology is not specified--participation in the resumed meeting by means of the technology must be provided in the same manner as set out in the notice for the original meeting.
(5) If no quorum is present at the resumed meeting within 30 minutes after the time for the start of the meeting, the meeting is dissolved.