(1) ASIC may give a small company limited by guarantee a direction to comply with the requirements of this Division and Divisions 3, 4, 5 and 6 for a financial year.
(2) An offence based on subsection (1) is an offence of strict liability.
Note: For strict liability, see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code .
(3) The direction may be general or may specify the particular requirements that the company is to comply with.
(4) The direction must specify the date by which the documents have to be prepared, sent or lodged. The date must be a reasonable one in view of the nature of the direction.
(5) The direction must:
(a) be made in writing; and
(b) specify the financial year concerned; and
(c) be made no later than 6 years after the end of that financial year.
(6) A direction given under subsection (1) is not a legislative instrument.