(1) If a body prepares and lodges with ASIC a document that satisfies the conditions set out in subsections (2) and (3), the document is a base prospectus for simple corporate bonds offered by the body during the 3-year period (the covered period ) beginning on the date on which the document is lodged with ASIC.
Document must be expressed to be the base prospectus
(2) The document must state that it is the base prospectus for all offers of simple corporate bonds made by the body during the covered period.
Document to be read with offer-specific prospectus
(3) The document must state that:
(a) there will be an offer-specific prospectus for each offer of simple corporate bonds during the covered period; and
(b) the disclosure document for each such offer will consist of:
(i) a base prospectus; and
(ii) the offer-specific prospectus for the offer.
Note: See also section 713B (2-part simple corporate bonds prospectus).
(4) If the document is a replacement document, the covered period is the period:
(a) beginning on the date on which the replacement document is lodged with ASIC; and
(b) ending at the end of the covered period for the original base prospectus.
Content of base prospectus
(5) A base prospectus must contain the information specified in the regulations.
(6) A base prospectus must set out the statements specified in the regulations.