(1) This section sets out the education and training standards for a person who is, or is to be, a relevant provider.
Conditions for relevant providers
(2) The first standard is that:
(a) the person has completed a bachelor or higher degree, or equivalent qualification, approved by the standards body under section 921U; or
(b) both of the following conditions are satisfied:
(i) the person has completed a foreign qualification;
(ii) the standards body has approved the foreign qualification under section 921V.
(3) The second standard is that the person has passed an exam approved by the standards body.
(4) The third standard is that the person has undertaken at least 1 year of work and training that meets the requirements set by the standards body.
Note: A relevant provider who is undertaking work and training in accordance with this subsection is a provisional relevant provider (see the definition of provisional relevant provider in section 910A). For rules relating to provisional relevant providers, see Subdivision C.
Continuing standard for relevant providers
(5) The fourth standard is that the person meets the requirements for continuing professional development set by the standards body.
Note: A provisional relevant provider is not required to meet this standard (see section 921D).