(1) Subject to this section, a Financial Services Guide may be made up of 2 or more separate documents that are given at the same time.
(2) Each of the documents must have on the cover of the document, or at or near the front of the document, a statement:
(a) to the effect that the document is part of a Financial Services Guide; and
(b) that (subject to subsection (3)) identifies the other documents that make up the Financial Services Guide.
(3) If there are or may be different versions of a document referred to in paragraph (2)(b), the statement required by subsection (2) does not have to identify any particular one of those versions and may instead identify the document generically.
Note: For example, if a Financial Services Guide is made up of a core document that is not updated very frequently, and a separate document providing information about remuneration that is updated more frequently:
(a) the statement in the core document need only refer to the fact that it, and a separate document about remuneration, make up the Financial Services Guide; and
(b) the statement in the document about remuneration need only refer to the fact that it, and a separate document about all other required matters, make up the Financial Services Guide.
(4) The requirement of section 942A (title of Financial Services Guide) is taken to be satisfied if the title "Financial Services Guide" is used on the cover of, or at or near the front of, at least one of the documents that make up the Financial Services Guide.
(5) The requirement of subsection 942B(5) or 942C(5) (dating of Financial Services Guide) must be separately complied with in relation to each of the documents. If, for any purpose, a single date needs to be determined as the date of the Financial Services Guide as a whole, that date is the most recent of the dates of those documents.
(6) Section 942E applies to an alteration to one of the documents as though the reference in that section to the date specified in the Financial Services Guide were a reference to the date specified in the document.
(7) The regulations may impose additional requirements to be complied with if a Financial Services Guide is made up of 2 or more documents.