(1) The Chairperson must issue an identity card to a person appointed as an inspector.
Form of identity card
(2) The identity card must:
(a) be in the form prescribed by the regulations; and
(b) contain a recent photograph of the person.
(3) A person commits an offence if:
(a) the person has been issued with an identity card under subsection (1); and
(b) the person ceases to be an inspector; and
(c) the person does not, as soon as practicable after so ceasing, return the identity card to the Chairperson.
Penalty: 1 penalty unit.
(4) An offence against subsection (3) is an offence of strict liability.
Note: For strict liability, see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code .
Defence: card lost or destroyed
(5) Subsection (3) does not apply if the identity card was lost or destroyed.
Note: A defendant bears an evidential burden in relation to the matter in this subsection: see subsection 13.3(3) of the Criminal Code .
Inspector must carry card
(6) An inspector issued with an identity card under subsection (1) must carry his or her identity card at all times when exercising powers as an inspector.