(1) The Commission must review, and report each financial year on, competitive safeguards within the telecommunications industry, including:
(a) matters relating to the operation of this Part and Part XIC; and
(b) such other matters relating to competition in the telecommunications industry as the Commission thinks appropriate.
(2) The Commission must publish a report under subsection (1) on its website as soon as practicable and no later than 6 months after the end of the financial year concerned.
(3) The Commission must, if directed in writing to do so by the Minister, review, and report to the Minister on, specified matters relating to competitive safeguards within the telecommunications industry.
(4) The Commission must give a report under subsection (3) to the Minister before the end of the period specified in the direction.
(5) The Minister must cause a copy of a report under subsection (3) to be laid before each House of the Parliament within 15 sitting days of that House after receiving the report.
(7) In this section:
"telecommunications industry" has the same meaning as in the Telecommunications Act 1997.