(1) If the Commission decides not to register a contract, a party to the contract may apply in writing to the Tribunal for review of the decision.
(2) An application for review must be made within 21 days after publication of the Commission's decision.
(3) The review by the Tribunal is a re-consideration of the matter based on the information, reports and things referred to in section 44ZZOAA .
Note: There are limits on the information to which the Tribunal may have regard (see section 44ZZOAA) and time limits that apply to the Tribunal's decision on the review (see section 44ZZOA).
(4) For the purposes of the review, the Tribunal has the same powers as the Commission.
(5) The member of the Tribunal presiding at the review may require the Commission to give assistance for the purposes of the review.
(5A) Without limiting subsection (5), the member may, by written notice, require the Commission to give information, and to make reports, of a kind specified in the notice, within the period specified in the notice, for the purposes of the review.
(5B) The Tribunal must:
(a) give a copy of the notice to:
(i) the person who applied for review; and
(ii) the other party or parties to the contract; and
(iii) any other person who has been made a party to the proceedings for review by the Tribunal; and
(b) publish, by electronic or other means, the notice; and
(6) The Tribunal may either:
(a) affirm the Commission's decision; or
(b) register the contract.