(1) This section a pplies to the mediation of a dispute if the dispute has not been resolved within 30 days after the day the mediation starts.
(2) The mediator may terminate the mediation at any time unless satisfied that a resolution of the dispute is imminent.
(3) However, if either party asks the mediator to terminate the mediation, the mediator must do so.
(4) If the mediator terminates the mediation of a dispute under this section, the mediator must issue a certificate stating the following:
(a) the names of the parties;
(b) the nature of the dispute;
(c) whether the parties attended the mediation;
(d) that the mediation has finished;
(e) that the dispute has not been resolved.
(5) The mediator must give a copy of the certificate to:
(a) the scheme adviser; and
(b) each of the parties to the dispute.