(1) This section applies to location orders other than Commonwealth information orders.
(2) Subject to section 67L, a court having jurisdiction under this Part or section 111CX, or exercising jurisdiction in proceedings arising under regulations made for the purposes of Part XIIIAA, may make a location order if it is satisfied that the person to whom the order applies is likely to have information about the child's location.
(3) If the person to whom a location order applies holds an office or position in, or in relation to, a Department or a Commonwealth instrumentality, the order does not apply to information that the person has or obtains because of holding that office or position.
(4) A location order stays in force for 12 months or such longer period as the court considers appropriate.
(5) While a location order is in force, the person to whom it applies must provide the information sought by the order as soon as practicable, or as soon as practicable after the person obtains it.
(6) The person to whom a location order applies must comply with the order in spite of anything in any other law.