Requirement to notify respondent agency
(1) If the Information Commissioner completes an investigation, the Information Commissioner must, as soon as practicable, notify the respondent agency.
(2) The notice must state the following:
(a) the investigation results (see section 87);
(b) the investigation recommendations (if any) (see section 88);
(c) the reasons for the investigation results and the making of the investigation recommendations.
(3) The respondent agency may give to the Information Commissioner any comments about the notice that the agency wishes to make.
Requirement to notify complainant (if any)
(4) The Information Commissioner must give a copy (or a copy prepared in accordance with subsection (5)) of the notice to the complainant (if any).
(5) However, if the copy of the notice would contain matters of the kind mentioned in subsection 89C(2), the Information Commissioner must prepare a copy of the report to give to the complainant that excludes those matters.
Note: Section 89D sets out further limitations on recommendations to amend records.