(1) For the purpose of performing a function or exercising a power of the FWC (other than a function or power under Part 2-6), the FWC may direct a person to attend a conference at a specified time and place.
Note: Part 2-6 deals with minimum wages. For the conduct of annual wage reviews, see Subdivision B of Division 3 of Part 2-6.
(2) An FWC Member (other than an Expert Panel Member), or a delegate of the FWC, is responsible for conducting the conference.
(3) The conference must be conducted in private, unless the person responsible for conducting the conference directs that it be conducted in public.
Note: This subsection does not apply in relation to conferences conducted in relation to unfair dismissal or general protection matters (see sections 368, 374, 398 and 776).
(4) At a conference, the FWC may:
(a) mediate or conciliate; or
(b) make a recommendation or express an opinion.
(5) Subsection (4) does not limit what the FWC may do at a conference.