(1) The Fair Work Ombudsman must issue an identity card to an inspector appointed under section 700.
(2) The Minister must issue an identity card to the Fair Work Ombudsman.
Form of identity card
(3) The identity card must:
(a) be in the form approved by the Fair Work Ombudsman; and
(b) contain a recent photograph of the inspector.
Inspector must carry card
(4) An inspector must carry the identity card at all times when performing functions or exercising powers as an inspector.
(5) A person commits an offence if:
(a) the person ceases to be an inspector; and
(b) the person does not, within 14 days of so ceasing, return the person's identity card to the Fair Work Ombudsman or the Minister (as the case may be).
Penalty: 1 penalty unit.
(6) Subsection (5) is an offence of strict liability.
Note: For strict liability, see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code .
Defence--card lost or destroyed
(7) Subsection (5) does not apply if the identity card was lost or destroyed.
Note: A defendant bears an evidential burden in relation to the matter in this subsection (see subsection 13.3(3) of the Criminal Code ).