Fair Work Ombudsman to give report etc. to Commonwealth Ombudsman
(1) As soon as practicable after an examination of a person under paragraph 712AA(2)(c) is completed, the Fair Work Ombudsman must give the Commonwealth Ombudsman:
(a) a report about the examination; and
(b) a video recording of the examination; and
(c) a transcript of the examination.
(2) The report under paragraph (1)(a) must include:
(a) a copy of the FWO notice under which the examination was conducted; and
(b) the following information:
(i) the time and place at which the examination was conducted;
(ii) the name of each person who was present at the examination;
(iii) any other information prescribed by the rules.
Review of exercise of powers under this Subdivision
(3) The Commonwealth Ombudsman:
(a) must review the exercise of powers under this Subdivision by the Fair Work Ombudsman and any member of the staff of the Office of the Fair Work Ombudsman; and
(b) may do anything incidental or conducive to the performance of that function.
(4) The Commonwealth Ombudsman's powers under the Ombudsman Act 1976 extend to a review by the Ombudsman under this section as if the review were an investigation by the Ombudsman under that Act.
(5) The exercise of those powers in relation to a review by the Ombudsman under this section is taken, for all purposes, to be an exercise of powers under the Ombudsman Act 1976 .
Commonwealth Ombudsman to report to Parliament
(6) As soon as practicable after the end of each quarter of each financial year, the Commonwealth Ombudsman must prepare and present to the Parliament a report about examinations conducted during that quarter. The report must include the results of reviews conducted under this section during that quarter.
(7) The Commonwealth Ombudsman may prepare and present to the Parliament any other reports about the results of reviews conducted under this section the Commonwealth Ombudsman considers appropriate.