Commonwealth Consolidated Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [Help]


On a change of ownership, or of control of voting power, unless the company satisfies the business continuity test

                   A company must calculate its * net capital gain and * net capital loss for the income year under this Subdivision if:

                     (a)  it must calculate its taxable income and * tax loss for the income year under Subdivision 165-B; or

Note:       Subdivision 165-F may affect the application of Subdivision 165-B.

                     (b)  it would be required to calculate them under that Subdivision but for subsection 165-50(3) (about cases where that Subdivision would make no difference to the taxable income).

Note:          In the case of a widely held or eligible Division 166 company, Subdivision 166-B modifies how this Subdivision applies, unless the company chooses otherwise.

Working out the company's net capital gain and net capital loss

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback