Commonwealth Consolidated Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [Help]


Travel related to use of residential premises as residential accommodation

             (1)  You cannot deduct under this Act a loss or outgoing you incur, insofar as it is related to travel, if:

                     (a)  it is incurred in gaining or producing your assessable income from the use of * residential premises as residential accommodation; and

                     (b)  it is not necessarily incurred in carrying on a * business for the purpose of gaining or producing your assessable income.

Exception--kind of entity

             (2)  Subsection (1) does not stop you deducting a loss or outgoing if, at any time during the income year in which the loss or outgoing is incurred, you are:

                     (a)  a * corporate tax entity; or

                     (b)  a * superannuation plan that is not a * self managed superannuation fund; or

                     (c)  a * managed investment trust; or

                     (d)  a public unit trust (within the meaning of section 102P of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 ); or

                     (e)  a unit trust or partnership, if each * member of the trust or partnership is covered by a paragraph of this subsection at that time during the income year.

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback