(1) The low tax contributed amounts covered by this section for a * financial year are the sum of the contributions covered by subsection (2) and the amounts covered by subsection (5) for the financial year.
Note: Low tax contributed amounts covered by this section are modified for State higher level office holders (see Subdivision 293-E).
Contributions to complying superannuation plans
(2) A contribution is covered under this section for a * financial year if:
(a) it is made in the financial year to a * complying superannuation plan in respect of you; and
(b) it is included:
(i) in the assessable income of the * superannuation provider in relation to the plan; or
(ii) by way of a * roll-over superannuation benefit, in the assessable income of a * complying superannuation fund or * RSA provider in the circumstances mentioned in subsection 290-170(5) (about successor funds).
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (2)(b), disregard:
(a) table item 5.3 in section 50- 25 (about income tax exemption for constitutionally protected funds); and
(b) Subdivision 295-D (about excluded contributions).
(4) Despite subsection (2), a contribution is not covered under this section if it is any of the following:
(a) an amount mentioned in subsection 295-200(2) (about amounts transferred from foreign superannuation funds);
(b) an amount mentioned in item 2 of the table in subsection 295-190(1) (about certain roll-over superannuation benefits).
Amounts allocated in relation to a complying superannuation plan
(5) An amount in a * complying superannuation plan is covered under this section if it is allocated by the * superannuation provider in relation to the plan for you for the * financial year in accordance with conditions specified by a regulation made for the purposes of subsection 291-25(3) .
Guide to Subdivision 293-C