(1) * Seasonal Labour Mobility Program withholding tax is due and payable by you at the end of 21 days after the end of the income year in which you * derived the income to which the tax relates.
(2) If any of the * Seasonal Labour Mobility Program withholding tax that you are liable to pay remains unpaid after the time by which it is due to be paid, you are liable to pay the * general interest charge on the unpaid amount for each day in the period that:
(a) starts at the beginning of the day by which the withholding tax was due to be paid; and
(b) ends at the end of the last day on which, at the end of the day, any of the following remains unpaid:
(i) the withholding tax;
(ii) general interest charge on any of the withholding tax.
Note: The general interest charge is worked out under Part IIA of the Taxation Administration Act 1953 .
(3) The Commissioner may give you a notice specifying:
(a) the amount of any * Seasonal Labour Mobility Program withholding tax that the Commissioner has ascertained is payable by you; and
(b) the day on which that tax became due and payable.
(4) The ascertainment of an amount of * Seasonal Labour Mobility Program withholding tax is not an assessment for the purposes of this Act.
(5) The production of a notice given under subsection (3), or of a copy of it certified by or on behalf of the Commissioner, is, except in proceedings under Part IVC of this Act on a review or appeal relating to the notice, conclusive evidence that the notice was given and of the particulars in it.
(6) You may object, in the manner set out in Part IVC of the Taxation Administration Act 1953, against a notice given to you under subsection (3) of this section, if you are dissatisfied with the notice.