(1) This section applies if the Migration Agents Registration Authority is considering:
(a) refusing a registration application from a registered migration agent; or
(b) making a decision under section 303 to cancel or suspend such an agent's registration or to caution such an agent.
(2) The Authority may, by written notice given to the agent, require him or her to provide the Authority with prescribed information or prescribed documents within the specified period and in the specified manner.
(3) A period specified in a notice under this section must end at least 14 days after the notice was given.
Note: Section 332H sets out when the agent is taken to have been given the notice.
(4) A person commits an offence if:
(a) the person is subject to a requirement under this section; and
(b) the person contravenes the requirement.
Penalty: 60 penalty units.
(5) An offence against subsection (4) is an offence of strict liability.
Note: For strict liability , see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code .
(6) A person is not excused from giving information or providing a document on the ground that the information or provision of the document may tend to incriminate the person.
(a) any information or document provided in response to a requirement under subsection (2); and
(b) any information or thing (including any document) obtained as a direct or indirect result of information or a document provided in response to a requirement under subsection (2);
is not admissible in evidence against the person in any criminal proceedings (except proceedings for an offence against section 137.1 or 137.2 of the Criminal Code that relates to this Act or the regulations).