(1) As soon as practicable after the end of each financial year, the Commonwealth Ombudsman must prepare and give to the Minister a report about some or all of the matters prescribed by the National Disability Insurance Scheme rules for the purposes of this subsection.
(2) The report must not include personal information (within the meaning of the Privacy Act 1988 ).
(3) The Minister must cause a copy of the report to be laid before each House of the Parliament within 15 sitting days of that House after the Minister receives it.
Exercise of Commonwealth Ombudsman's powers
(4) The Commonwealth Ombudsman's powers under the Ombudsman Act 1976 extend to the preparation of a report by the Ombudsman under this section as if the preparation of the report were an investigation by the Ombudsman under that Act.
(5) The exercise of those powers in relation to the preparation of a report by the Ombudsman under this section is taken, for all purposes, to be an exercise of powers under the Ombudsman Act 1976 .