(1) This section applies if an individual requests a credit reporting body to correct personal information under subsection 20T(1).
Notice of correction etc.
(2) If the credit reporting body corrects the personal information under subsection 20T(2), the body must, within a reasonable period:
(a) give the individual written notice of the correction; and
(b) if the body consulted an interested party under subsection 20T(3) about the individual's request--give the party written notice of the correction; and
(c) if the correction relates to information that the body has previously disclosed under this Division (other than subsections 20D(2) and 20T(4))--give each recipient of the information written notice of the correction.
(3) If the credit reporting body does not correct the personal information under subsection 20T(2), the body must, within a reasonable period, give the individual written notice that:
(a) states that the correction has not been made; and
(b) sets out the body's reasons for not correcting the information (including evidence substantiating the correctness of the information); and
(c) states that, if the individual is not satisfied with the response to the request, the individual may:
(i) access a recognised external dispute resolution scheme of which the body is a member; or
(ii) make a complaint to the Commissioner under Part V.
(4) Paragraph (2)(c) does not apply if it is impracticable for the credit reporting body to give the notice under that paragraph.
(5) Subsection (2) or (3) does not apply if the credit reporting body is required by or under an Australian law, or a court/tribunal order, not to give the notice under that subsection.