(1) This section applies to a person if the person satisfies the conditions in this section.
Note: A person is eligible for an increased rate of telephone allowance if this section applies to him or her: see section 1061SA.
(2) The first condition is that the person:
(c) has reached pension age and is receiving an income support payment; or
(d) is receiving a disability support pension or carer payment.
(3) The second condition is that an internet carriage service (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Services Act 1992 ) is connected in Australia either:
(a) in the person's name; or
(b) if the person is a member of a couple (other than an illness separated, temporarily separated or respite care couple)--in the person's partner's name.
(4) The third condition is that the person is able to access that internet carriage service at the person's principal home.
(5) The fourth condition is that, on or before the telephone allowance payday, the person gave oral or written notice to the Secretary about the connection of the internet carriage service mentioned in subsection (3).
(6) In this section:
"telephone allowance payday" has the same meaning as in subsection 48(4) of the Administration Act.