(1) This section applies if the Secretary makes a departure prohibition order in respect of a person.
Notifying person of order
(2) The Secretary must notify the person that the order has been made.
(3) The notice must be in a form approved by the Secretary and must be given as soon as practicable after making the order.
Notifying other persons of order
(4) Unless the Secretary is satisfied that the person is an Australian citizen, the Secretary must give the Secretary of the Department administered by the Minister administering the Migration Act 1958 a copy of the order, and information likely to facilitate identification of the person, for the purposes of administering that Act.
(5) The Secretary must also give a copy of the order, and information likely to facilitate identification of the person for the purposes of this Part, to such other persons as the Secretary considers appropriate in the circumstances, being persons declared in an instrument under subsection (6).
(6) The Secretary may, by legislative instrument, declare persons for the purposes of subsection (5).
(7) The Secretary must give a copy of the order or information under subsection (4) or (5) as soon as practicable after making the order.