(1) The Minister may by legislative instrument determine that persons:
(a) who have been paid the amount (the original payment ) of a specified clean energy advance worked out under Subdivision B in relation to a clean energy qualifying payment (the original qualifying payment ); and
(b) whose circumstances change, within a period specified in the instrument, in a way that is specified in the instrument and is covered by subsection (2) or (3);
qualify for a further payment, of the amount worked out in accordance with the instrument, of clean energy advance.
(2) This subsection covers a person's circumstances changing in a way such that:
(a) on the day (the change day ) the change happens, the person was still receiving the original qualifying payment; and
(b) had the amount of the original payment been worked out by reference to the person's circumstances on the change day (rather than those on the advance qualification day), a greater clean energy advance daily rate would have been used for working out that amount than the rate actually used for working out that amount.
(3) This subsection covers a change in a person's circumstances that, apart from a multiple qualification exclusion, would (if any necessary administrative decisions were made) qualify the person for a clean energy bonus, under an Act or a scheme, relating to a payment other than the original qualifying payment.
(4) For the purposes of subsection (3), a multiple qualification exclusion is an instrument that:
(a) provides a person is not qualified for a clean energy bonus under an Act or a scheme because of the person's qualification for or receipt of the original payment or the original qualifying payment; and
(b) is made under:
(i) section 918; or
(ii) section 424L of the MRCA; or
(iii) section 65A of the Veterans' Entitlements Act;
or is an instrument establishing qualifications for a clean energy bonus under a scheme.
(5) An instrument under subsection (1) may provide for:
(a) different periods for changes in circumstances depending on different changes in circumstances; and
(b) different ways of working out further amounts of the original payment depending on different changes in circumstances.