(1) Subject to subsection (2), the rules governing the use of a registered certification trade mark may be varied in accordance with the regulations.
(2) The rules may not be varied without the approval of the Commission.
(3) Before deciding to approve a variation, the Commission must be satisfied that the rules as varied:
(a) would not be to the detriment of the public; and
(b) are satisfactory having regard to the criteria prescribed for the purposes of paragraph 175(2)(b).
(4) The Commission must notify, in accordance with the regulations, a decision to approve a variation or not to approve a variation.
(5) An application may be made to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal for the review of a decision of the Commission to approve or not to approve a variation of the rules.