(1) The Registrar may, by writing, give a direction in relation to the filing of evidence in connection with a matter arising under this Act.
Note 1: A reference to this Act includes the regulations (see section 6).
Note 2: See also paragraph 231(2)(bb) (about regulations).
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), a direction under that subsection may relate to the following:
(a) the number of copies of evidence to be filed;
(b) the form in which evidence is to be filed (including the circumstances in which physical articles, other than documents, are or are not permitted to be filed);
(c) the means by which evidence is to be filed.
(3) Without limiting paragraph (2)(b), a direction under subsection (1) may require that evidence in writing be in the form of a declaration.
(4) The Registrar must advertise a direction under subsection (1) in the Official Journal.
(5) A direction under subsection (1) is not a legislative instrument.