(1) This regulation applies to a meeting of the holders of a class of securities of a body corporate if some or all of the securities in that class are Division 4 financial products.
(2) The convener of the meeting may determine that all the securities of the body corporate in the relevant class that are Division 4 financial products at a specified time before the meeting are taken, for the purposes of the meeting, to be held by the persons who held them at the specified time.
(3) The specified time:
(a) must satisfy any applicable requirements of the ASTC operating rules; but
(b) in any case, must not be more than 48 hours before the meeting.
(4) The convenor must make a determination:
(a) in accordance with any applicable requirements of the ASTC operating rules as to the way in which it must be made; but
(b) in any case, before notice of the meeting is given.
(5) The convenor must include particulars of the determination in the notice of the meeting.
(6) However, a failure to include particulars of the determination in the notice of the meeting does not invalidate the determination.
(7) The convenor's determination has effect accordingly despite anything in:
(a) the Act; and
(b) these Regulations; and
(c) any other law (written or unwritten) that applies to the meeting; and
(d) any document that applies to the meeting (for example, the body corporate's constitution or a relevant trust deed).